top of page
Background photo was taken at Earl's Court
Ealing Broadway
Colour Grid 1.png

6th April 1838 (GWR)

Kiosk

Taxi Rank

Coffee Shop

Toilets accessible inside ticket gateline of the mainline station
(Male & Female & Disabled) 

9 (only 5 used by Underground)

Yes for Central & District lines

1st July 1879 (DR)

3rd August 1920 (CLR)

20th May 2018 (TfL)

Step free access from street to platform

Ealing Broadway 3.jpg

Ealing Broadway is a major single-level interchange station. It is served by the London Underground and also National Rail on the Great Western Main Line. On the Underground, it is one of three western termini of the District line,  and it is also one of two western termini of the Central line. On the National Rail network, it is a through-station on the Great Western Main Line, 5 miles 56 chains (9.2 km) down the line from London Paddington, between Acton Main Line and West Ealing.

The GWR opened its pioneering broad gauge tracks through Ealing Broadway between Paddington and Taplow on 6 April 1838, although Ealing Broadway station did not open until 1 December of that year. As the only station in the area when it opened, it was initially named 'Ealing', but was renamed Ealing Broadway in 1875.

District Railway (DR, now the District Line) services commenced on 1 July 1879, when the DR opened a branch from Turnham Green on its Richmond line. The DR built its own three-platform station (including a siding) to the north of the GWR one. However, following the installation of a connection between the two railways to the east of the stations, DR trains also served the GWR station from 1 March 1883 to 30 September 1885, on a short-lived service running to Windsor and Eton Central station.

Until 24th May 2022 the station was managed by TfL Rail when it was officially rebranded the Elizabeth line. The platforms are open air. National Rail information.

Ealing Common
Colour Grid 2.png

Bicycle Rack

1st July 1879 by the District Railway

Kiosk

Toilets accessible inside ticket gateline
(Male & Female)

2

No

No step free access

Ealing Common.jpg

4th July 1932 Piccadilly service 

Ealing Common is a London Underground station on the Uxbridge branch of the Piccadilly line and on the Ealing Broadway branch of the District line. Eastbound, the next station is Acton Town; westbound, the next station is North Ealing on the Piccadilly line and Ealing Broadway on the District line. Here, the District and Piccadilly lines share the same pair of tracks through the station – the only other example where a deep level line and a sub surface line share the same pair of tracks is further up the Uxbridge branch, where the Piccadilly line shares tracks with the Metropolitan line from Rayners Lane to Uxbridge. It is the only station west of Acton Town to be served by both the Piccadilly and District lines.

Ealing Common station was opened on 1 July 1879 by the District Railway (DR, now the District line) on its extension from Turnham Green to Ealing Broadway. From 1886 until 1 March 1910 the station was known as Ealing Common and West Acton after which it changed to its current name and is now a listed building 

Platforms are open air. Previous names:  Ealing Common: 1879–86, Ealing Common and West Acton 1886–1910. Ealing Common depot is to the east of the station. Often trains will come into the station that are not in service. Here, the District and Piccadilly lines share the same pair of tracks through the station – the only other example where a deep level line and a sub surface line share the same pair of tracks is further up the Uxbridge branch.

Earls Court
Colour Grid 3.png

30th October 1871 by the District Railway 

Newsagent

Step free access from street to train

Toilets accessible outside ticket gate line
(Male & Female) 

Dry Cleaner

Key Cutter

15th December 1906 Piccadilly line started

4 for District
2 for Piccadilly

No

Earls Court old signs.jpg

Earl's Court tube station is a Grade II listed London Underground station in Earl's CourtLondon, on the District and Piccadilly lines. It is an important interchange for both lines and is situated in both Travelcard Zone 1 and Zone 2

The station was opened by the District Railway in 1871, two years after the line was built, and had become a hub to five different local routes by 1874. It was damaged by fire the following year, and a new station was constructed on the other side of Earl's Court Road, opening 1st February 1878. A connection to the Great Northern, Piccadilly and Brompton Railway (now the Piccadilly Line) opened in 1906. Earl's Court was the first tube station with escalators, which were added in 1911. Major redevelopment and rebuilding work occurred in 1915, 1936–37 and 2005 and is also a listed building.

The platforms are about  4.8 metres below (District) street level (station is in cutting with a high roof) and Piccadilly 19.8 metres. There is an old Police Box outside the station, which is the site of the last remaining blue police telephone box – radios took over in the 1970s. There are 2 fully restored Edwardian style train indicators on the sub surface platforms.

East Acton
Colour Grid 1.png

None, station serves a residential area

3rd August 1920 by the Great Western Railway. Rebuilt in the 1930's

No step free access 

2

No

East Acton.jpg

East Acton is a London Underground station in East Acton in London Borough of Hammersmith and Fulham. The station is on the Central line, between White City and North Acton stations, and in Travelcard Zone 2Wormwood ScrubsQueen Charlotte's and Chelsea HospitalHammersmith HospitalWormwood Scrubs prison and Imperial College Hammersmith branch are accessible from the station. The platforms are open air.

East Croydon
Colour Grid 2.png

Step free access from street to platform  

Town centre shops are a short walk away

Toilets accessible inside ticket gateline
(Male & Female & Disabled)

6 for mainline
2 for Trams

12th July 1841, see below for more dates

14th May 2000 for the trams

No

East_Croydon_station_April_2016 internet image.jpg

East Croydon is a railway station and tram stop in CroydonGreater London, England, and is located in Travelcard Zone 5. At 10 miles 28 chains (10.35 mi; 16.66 km) from London Bridge, it is one of the busiest non-terminal stations in London, and in the United Kingdom as a whole. It is one of three railway stations in the London Borough of Croydon with Croydon in their name, the others being West Croydon and South Croydon. A Tramlink tram stop is located immediately outside the main station entrance and the lines cross over the railway lines, which  are in a cutting below. Platforms are open air for both the trams and the trains.

The present station building opened on 19 August 1992. Previous names: 

12 July 1841 "Croydon", July 1846 "Croydon East", 1 May 1862 "East Croydon", 1 June 1909 "East Croydon Main", July 1924 Amalgamated with "East Croydon Local" to form "East Croydon". National Rail information.

East Finchley
Colour Grid 3.png

22nd August 1867, by the Great Northern Railway. Rebuilt in the 1930's

Car Park

Bicycle Rack

Newsagent

No step free access   

4

No

East Finchley.jpg
East Finchley Archer internet image.jpg

East Finchley is a London Underground station in East Finchley in the London Borough of Barnet, north London. The station is on the High Barnet branch of the Northern line, between Highgate and Finchley Central stations, and is in Travelcard Zone 3.

The station was opened on 22 August 1867, on the Great Northern Railway's line between Finsbury Park and Edgware stations. As part of London Underground's only partially completed Northern Heights plan, the station was completely rebuilt with additional tracks in the late 1930s. Northern line trains started serving the station on 3 July 1939 and main line passenger services ended on 2 March 1941. This station is a listed building. 

There is a wooden "archer" on the roof of the station with the bow pointing towards the tunnels. These were the longest continuous tunnels at the time when the station was built. 

Platforms are open air, covered with a canopy.

East Ham
Colour Grid 1.png

31st March 1858 by the London, Tilbury and Southend Railway

Bicycle Rack

Newsagent

Step free access from street to train

3 (only 2 in use)

No

East Ham.jpg

30th July 1990

East Ham is a London Underground station on High Street North in the East Ham neighbourhood of the London Borough of Newham in east London, England. The station is on the District line and Hammersmith & City line. The station was opened on 31 March 1858 by the London, Tilbury and Southend Railway on a new more direct route from Fenchurch Street to Barking. The large Edwardian station building was constructed to accommodate the electric District Railway services on an additional set of tracks opened in 1905 and is now a listed building. There is a disused platform here (hence the railings on the platform edge in the photo) from where the line used to go to "Woodgrange Park" on the Tottenham & Fores Gate Railway (now part of the Overground)

East India
Colour Grid 2.png

2

Bicycle Rack

28th March 1994

Step free access from street to train

No

East India internet image.jpg

East India is a station on Docklands Light Railway (DLR) in Leamouth, east London. It takes its name from the nearby former East India Docks of the Port of London, where ships trading with the Indian subcontinent used to dock, the proposed name was "Brunswick Wharf"

It is on the Beckton and Woolwich Arsenal branches of the DLR, and is in Travelcard Zones 2 and 3. It opened, with the Beckton Branch, on 28 March 1994. 

The historic Greenwich Prime Meridian crosses the DLR at the eastern end of the platforms, which is marked by an illuminated blue line underneath the tracks at street level.

East Putney
Colour Grid 3.png

Step free access from street to train

3rd June 1889 by the District Railway, but not built by them

Bicycle Rack

2 for District
2 disused from Mainline days

No

Coffee Shop

Newsagent

East Putney.jpg

East Putney is a London Underground station on the Wimbledon branch of the District line. It is between Putney Bridge to the north, and Southfields to the south. The station is on Upper Richmond Road (A205). It is on the boundary of Travelcard Zone 2 and Travelcard Zone 3

The station was opened by the District Railway (DR, now the District line) on 3 June 1889 on an extension from Putney Bridge station to Wimbledon. The extension was built by the London and South Western Railway (L&SWR) which, starting on 1 July 1889, ran its own trains over the line via an eastward-facing loop that joins the Clapham Junction to Barnes main line. The mainline services no longer operate here, but the tracks and platforms are still visible. The platforms are all open air. 

The section of the District line from Putney Bridge to Wimbledon was the last part of the line to be converted from steam operation to electric. Electric trains began running on 27 August 1905.

Regular passenger services between Waterloo and Wimbledon through East Putney were ended by the Southern Railway (successor to the LSWR) on 4 May 1941, although the line remained in British Rail ownership until 1 April 1994 when it was sold to London Underground for the nominal sum of £1. Until the sale, the station was branded as a British Rail station.

Eastcote
Colour Grid 1.png

26 May 1906 by the Metropolitan Railway

Bicycle Rack

Car Park

Florist

Mini Cab Office

Toilets accessible outside ticket gate line
(Male & Female)

No step free access

2

No

Eastcote.jpg

23rd October 1933 Piccadilly service

Eastcote is a London Underground station in Eastcote in the west of Greater London. The station is on the Uxbridge branch of both the Metropolitan line and Piccadilly line, between Rayners Lane and Ruislip Manor stations. The station is located on Field End Road. It is in Travelcard Zone 5.

The Metropolitan Railway (Harrow and Uxbridge Railway) constructed the line between Harrow-on-the-Hill and Uxbridge and commenced services on 4 July 1904 with, initially, Ruislip being the only intermediate stop. At first, services were operated by steam trains, but track electrification was completed in the subsequent months and electric trains began operating on 1 January 1905 and is now a listed building. The District Railway extended their service from South Harrow 1st March 1910, joining the Metropolitan lines that were already in place. This was transferred to the Piccadilly line 23rd October 1933. 

Key dates: 4th July 1904 -Tracks laid (Metropolitan Railway), 26th May 1906 station opened, 1st March 1910 District line added, 23 October 1933 District services transferred to the Piccadilly line, 10th August 1964 the goods yard was closed.

The platforms are open air and as they are shared between the Metropolitan line and the Piccadilly line, they are a 'mid' height, so you would step down off a Metropolitan train and step up off a Piccadilly service. Not suitable for wheelchair users. 

Edgware
Colour Grid 2.png

18th August 1924 by the Charing Cross, Euston & Hampstead Railway

Bicycle Rack

Taxi Rank

Newsagent

Mini Cab Office

Step free access from street to train

3

Yes

20211009_102939 Edgware.jpg

Edgware is a London Underground station in Edgware, in the London Borough of Barnet, in North London. The station is the terminus of the Edgware branch of the Northern line and the next station towards central London is Burnt Oak. Edgware is in Travelcard Zone 5.

The station was opened on 18 August 1924 as the terminus of the second phase of the Underground Group's extension of the Charing Cross, Euston & Hampstead Railway from Golders Green. It was designed by architect Stanley Heaps. There are three platforms, an island lying east of a single platform (platform 1). A trainshed covers the island platforms (2 and 3)

Proposed Northern Heights would have come here, with trains coming via Golders Green and Mill Hill east and should have been extended to Bushey Heath, so may not have been a terminus.

Edware Rd Bakerloo

Bakerloo Line

Colour Grid 3.png

15th June 1907 by the Baker Street and Waterloo Railway

Bicycle Rack

No step free access 

2

No

Edgware Road Bakerloo.jpg
Edgware Road Bakerloo A.JPG

Edgware Road is a London Underground station on the Bakerloo line, located in the City of Westminster. It is between Paddington and Marylebone stations on the line and falls within Travelcard zone 1. The station is located on the north-east corner of the junction of Edgware RoadHarrow Road and Marylebone Road. It is adjacent to the Marylebone flyover.

separate station of the same name but served by the CircleDistrict and Hammersmith & City lines is nearby (about a 3 minute walk), to the south of Marylebone Road. 

Edgware Road station was opened on 15 June 1907 by the Baker Street and Waterloo Railway (BS&WR, now the Bakerloo line) when it extended its line from the temporary northern terminus at Marylebone. Platforms are about 23.4 metres underground. 

There is a “living wall” wall of plants on the outside this building station, the only one in the underground network.

Edgware Rd H&C

Circle, District and Hammersmith & City lines

Colour Grid 1.png

10th January 1863 by the Metropolitan Railway.

None

No step free access 

Yes - Circle and District

4

Edgware Road H&C 1.jpg
Edgware Road sign District.JPG

1949 Circle line services

1938 District line services

30th July 1990 Met service becomes the H&C line

Edgware Road is a London Underground station on the CircleDistrict and Hammersmith & City lines, located on the corner of Chapel Street and Cabbell Street, within Travelcard zone 1. A separate station of the same name but served by the Bakerloo line is located about 150 metres away on the opposite side of Marylebone Road.

There have been proposals in the past to rename one of the Edgware Road stations to avoid confusion. Neither of them should be confused with the Edgware station on the Northern line.

This station was part of the world's first underground railway when it was opened as part of the Metropolitan Railway  and services have been transferred to other lines since opening, between Paddington and Farringdon on 10 January 1863. Platforms are in a cutting and are about 5.1 metres underground.

This is the site of the 2005 London bombings. Since December 2009, Circle line trains call at the station twice on each journey.

Edmonton Green
Colour Grid 2.png

Step free access from street to platform

2

No

Bicycle Rack

22nd July 1872 by the Great Eastern Railway

Edmonton Green internet image.jpg

Edmonton Green (A.K.A Edmonton (High level)) is a London Overground and National Rail station on the Lea Valley lines which form part of the West Anglia Main Line, located in Edmonton in the London Borough of Enfield, north London. It is 8 miles 45 chains (13.8 km) down the line from London Liverpool Street and is situated between Silver Street to the south and Bush Hill Park (on the Enfield Town branch) and Southbury (on the Cheshunt branch) to the north.

Most trains calling at the station are Overground services, however, during peak times, some Greater Anglia-operated trains call on the main line route to and from Broxbourne or Hertford East.

Its three-letter station code is EDR and it is in Travelcard zone 4.

Platforms are open air. National Rail information.

Elephant & Castle

Bakerloo & Northern Lines

Colour Grid 3.png

Northern line southbound only

18th December 1890 - Northern (C&SLR)
 

Bicycle Rack

Yes - Bakerloo line

Shopping Centre within a short walk

5th August 1906 - Bakerloo (BS&WR)

4

Elephant and Castle platform Northern.jpg

Northern Line Platform

Elephant & Castle is a London Underground station in the London Borough of Southwark in south London. It is on the Bank branch of the Northern line between Kennington and Borough stations, and is the southern terminus of the Bakerloo line, the next station being Lambeth North. The station is in both Travelcard Zones 1 and 2.The Northern line station was opened in 1890 by the City and South London Railway (C&SLR) while the Bakerloo line station was opened sixteen years later by the Baker Street and Waterloo Railway (BS&WR). There is out-of-station interchange with the nearby Elephant & Castle National Rail station. There is a staircase here that is labelled as having 124 steps, but there are actually 117. Platforms are about 18.9 metres underground on the Northern line and 23.5 metres on the Bakerloo line

More photos can be seen at: https://tubemapper.com/elephant-castle-station/

E&C Thames
Colour Grid 1.png

1863 by the London, Chatham and Dover Railway

4

No

Toilets accessible outside ticket gate line
(Male, Female & Disabled)

Elephant & Castle internet image.jpg

No step free access

Shopping Centre within a short walk

Elephant & Castle railway station is a National Rail station in Newington, south London. Along with the London Underground station of the same name, it is located in the London Borough of Southwark and is in both Travelcard Zone 1 and 2. The station is managed by Thameslink, with services operated by both Thameslink and Southeastern. There is out-of-station interchange with the nearby Elephant & Castle tube station.

The London, Chatham and Dover Railway built the station on a brick viaduct in 1863. Station layout.platforms are open air.

National Rail information.

Elmers End
Colour Grid 2.png

1 April 1864 as a mainline by Mid-Kent and North Kent Junction Railway

Car Park

Step free access from street to tram, but not to National Rail

1 for tram
2 for National Rail

Yes - Tram only

Elmers End internet image.jpg

29th May 2000

Elmers End is a railway station and tram terminus in Elmers Endsouth LondonEngland. It is in the London Borough of Bromley and on the railway it is 11 miles 7 chains (17.8 km) down the line from London Charing Cross.

The railway through Elmers End was opened by the South Eastern Railway on 1 April 1864 as an extension of the Mid-Kent Line from New Beckenham to Addiscombe; there was a branch, opened on 29 May 1882 to Hayes at this station.[5] The portion of the line to Addiscombe, which was originally named Croydon (Addiscombe Road), was closed in 1997 when Tramlink took over much of the trackbed from Elmers End.

The station is on Elmers End Road (A214), at the south-east corner of South Norwood Country Park.

One former platform is now the terminus for Tramlink services to central Croydon. National Rail information.

Elm Park
Colour Grid 3.png

13 May 1935 by the London, Midland and Scottish Railway

Minicab office

Toilets accessible inside ticket gateline
(Male & Female & Disabled)

Step free access from street to train

2

No

Elm Park.jpg

Elm Park is a London Underground station serving Elm Park in the London Borough of Havering, east London. It is on the District line between Dagenham East and Hornchurch. It is 4 kilometres (2.5 mi) along the line from the eastern terminus at Upminster and 30 kilometres (19 mi) to Earl's Court in central London where the line divides into numerous branches.

The station was opened on 13 May 1935 by the London, Midland and Scottish Railway on the local electrified tracks between Upminster and Barking that were constructed in 1932. The station is of a similar design to those constructed at Dagenham Heathway and Upney and was the last station to be opened on the eastern extension. Platforms are open air.

Elstree & Bore
Colour Grid 1.png

13 July 1868

Elstree & Borehamwood internet image.jpg

There are some shops within a short walk

No

4 (only 3 in use)

Bicycle Rack

Newsagent

Toilets accessible inside ticket gateline
(Male & Female & Disabled)

Car Park

Step free access from street to platform

Elstree & Borehamwood railway station is a railway station in the town of BorehamwoodHertfordshireEngland. It primarily serves Borehamwood as well as the nearby village of Elstree, 1.3 miles (2.1 km) to the south-west. The station is situated on the Midland Main Line, 12 miles 35 chains (20.0 km) down the line from London St Pancras and is situated between Mill Hill Broadway to the south and Radlett to the north. Its three-letter station code is ELS. National Rail information.

Elverson Road
Colour Grid 2.png

Step free access from street to train

Bicycle Rack

3rd December 1999

2

No

Elverson Road internet image.jpg

Selective Door Operation is in use at this station as it cannot accommodate 3-car trains

Elverson Road is a Docklands Light Railway (DLR) station in the St John's area of Lewisham in south east London, and situated in a residential neighbourhood. Opening in 1999 as part of the Lewisham extension, Elverson road station is one of the newer stations of the DLR network situated between Lewisham and Deptford Bridge.

Embankment
Colour Grid 3.png

30th May 1870 District

Coffee Shop

6 in total 
(2 for each line)

Newsagent

Kiosk

No

10 March 1906 Opened (BS&WR)

6 April 1914 Opened (CCE&HR)

1949 Circle line 

Embankment.jpg

Embankment is a London Underground station in the City of Westminster, known by various names during its history. It is served by the CircleDistrictNorthern and Bakerloo lines. On the Bakerloo line and the Charing Cross branch of the Northern line, the station is between Waterloo and Charing Cross stations; on the Circle and District lines, it is between Westminster and Temple and is in Travelcard Zone 1. The station is in two parts: sub-surface platforms opened on 30 May 1870 by the District Railway (DR) as part of the company's extension of the Inner Circle eastwards from Westminster to Blackfriars and deep-level platforms opened in 1906 by the Baker Street and Waterloo Railway (BS&WR) and 6 April 1914 by the Charing Cross, Euston and Hampstead Railway (CCE&HR). A variety of underground and main line services have operated over the sub-surface tracks and the CCE&HR part of the station was reconstructed in the 1920s.

Other names: Charing Cross (District line): 1870–1915, Embankment (Bakerloo line): 1906–14, Charing Cross (Embankment) (Bakerloo & Northern lines): 1914–15, Charing Cross: 1915–74, Charing Cross Embankment: 1974–6

Approx depth of platforms:  District and Circle 5.5 metres, Northern line 16.2 metres, Bakerloo 21 metres

Emerson Park
Colour Grid 1.png

1909 by the London, Tilbury and Southend Railway

Bicycle Rack

1 - single line working
Bi-directional

Step free access from street to platform

No

Emerson Park internet image.jpg

Emerson Park is a London Overground station serving the Emerson Park neighbourhood in Hornchurch in the London Borough of Havering, east London. The station is on the Romford to Upminster Line and is the only intermediate station on that single-track line, 1 mile 64 chains (2.9 km) from Romford. The station was opened as Emerson Park Halt in 1909 by the London, Tilbury and Southend Railway on a branch line which had connected Romford with Upminster and Grays since 1893.

The station has been managed by London Overground since 2015, which also operates the train services. Emerson Park has no station buildings other than a canopy over the single platform. National Rail information.

Enfield Town
Colour Grid 2.png

1 March 1849 by the Eastern Counties Railways as Enfield. Station rebuilt in 1957

Bicycle Rack

Step free access from street to platform

Car Park

Toilets accessible inside ticket gateline
(Male & Female & Disabled & Baby changing)

3

Yes

Enfield Town internet image.jpg

Enfield Town is one of three northern termini of the Lea Valley lines on the London Overground network in England. It is the most central of several stations in the London Borough of Enfield, north London. It is 10 miles 55 chains (17.2 km) down the line from London Liverpool Street, the southern terminus.

Its three-letter station code is ENF and it is in Travelcard zone 5. In 2015 the line and Enfield Town station were transferred from Abellio Greater Anglia operation to London Overground and added to the Tube map.

The station was opened on 1 March 1849 by the Eastern Counties Railways as Enfield. It was renamed Enfield Town on 1 April 1886. National Rail information. Platforms are open air.

Epping
Colour Grid 3.png

24th April 1865, by the Great Eastern Railway

Bicycle Rack

Car Park - the largest one on the network

Newspaper kiosk only open in the mornings

Toilet accessible inside ticket gateline
(Male & Female & Disabled & Baby changing)

Platform 1 is step free exit only but Platform 2 is fully accessible.

2

Yes - but used to go to Ongar

Epping above.jpg

Epping is a London Underground station in the market town of Epping in EssexEngland. The station serves as the north-eastern terminus of the Central line. Located in Travelcard Zone 6, it is one of eight London Underground stations in the Epping Forest District.

In 1856, the Eastern Counties Railway opened a double-track railway between Stratford and Loughton. In 1865, its successor, the Great Eastern Railway, added a single-track extension from Loughton to Ongar. The popularity of the line led to the doubling of the track between Loughton and Epping in 1892. The line was well served, with 50 trains operating between Liverpool Street and Loughton each day, a further 22 continuing to Epping and 14 more to Ongar, which is now run by the Epping and Ongar Railway.

There is a museum here with a signal box and locomotive L11

Platforms are open air.

Euston
Colour Grid 1.png

Bicycle Rack

Various food outlets on main station concourse

Toilets accessible outside ticket gate line
(Male & Female & Disabled & Baby changing) 
There are on the concourse of the mainline station

20220319_154239.jpg

Original City and South London Railway building, March 2022 which is awaiting demolition as part of HS2

12 May 1907 by the C&SLR

Step free for Overground ONLY

1st December 1968 (Victoria)

20th July 1837 by London & Birmingham Railway

6 (plus 16 for mainline)

Only for Mainline

Euston is a London Underground station served by the Victoria line and both central branches of the Northern line. It directly connects with Euston main line station above it. The station is in Travelcard Zone 1.

Euston was constructed as two separate underground stations. Three of the four Northern line platforms date from the station's opening in 1907. The fourth Northern line platform and the two Victoria line platforms were constructed in the 1960s when the station was significantly altered to accommodate the Victoria line. Plans for High Speed 2 and Crossrail 2 both include proposals to modify the station to provide interchanges with the new services.

On the Northern line's Bank branch the station is between Camden Town and King's Cross St Pancras. On the Charing Cross branch it is between Mornington Crescent and Warren Street. On the Victoria line it is between Warren Street and King's Cross St. Pancras. The station is near Euston Square station allowing connections at street level to the CircleHammersmith & City and Metropolitan lines. National Rail information.

Approx depth underground: Northern line (Charing cross) 20.4 metres, Northern Line (City branch) 29.8 metres, Victoria line (29.8 metres). Disused parts of the station can be booked through special tours from the Transport Museum

Euston Sq
Colour Grid 2.png

No step free access

10 January 1863 by the Metropolitan Railway

None

2

No

Euston Square 2.jpg

Euston Square is a London Underground station at the corner of Euston Road and Gower Street, just north of University College London – its main entrance faces the tower of University College Hospital. Multi-interchange Euston station is beyond Euston Square Gardens, which is one street east. The station is between Great Portland Street and King's Cross St Pancras on the CircleHammersmith & City and Metropolitan lines in Travelcard Zone 1.

The station was opened as "Gower Street" on 10 January 1863 by the Metropolitan Railway (MR), the world's first underground railway. It was renamed in 1909. The platforms are about 7.3 metres underground

Website is Copyright Paul R. Barton 2022
bottom of page